I’ve been trying not to eat many processed foods. I’ve been cooking at home from scratch (can you say homemade chicken stock and fresh baked bread), but there are a few “convenience” foods I like to keep around in case I’m feeling lazy…or if Mike’s left to fend for himself. GE has a lot of great deals this week when combined with printable coupons, plus many of those great deals get you Black and Gold Bucks. If you buy seven participating products, you get $7 back when you check out to spend on any Pittsburgh Steeler’s merchandise in Giant Eagle or at their online store. And many of the participating products are around 50 cents, so you can’t go wrong this week! Here are my favorite deals:
- Helluva Good Cheese Blocks are $2. Print this 50 cents/1 coupon (will double) to score your cheese for only a buck! (Eligible towards Black and Gold Bucks promotion)
- Helluva Good Dips are 3/$5. Print this 50 cents/1 coupon (again, will double) and dip till your heart
is content for only 66 cents! Or get this $1 one dip coupon when you “like” Helluva Good on Facebook.
- Chex Mix, Bugles, and Pillsbury Baguette Chips only 99 cents. Combine that with this coupon or this coupon for 50 cents off (will double) and you’ve scored free chips!
- Totino’s Pizza Rolls are only 99 cents…get a 75 cents/3 coupon here and score them for 50 cents a box
- Knorr Rice and Pasta dishes are 99 cents…use this $1/3 coupon to get them for 67 cents each…they have a lot of new varieties. (note: you will have to register on the Unilever site to print coupons).
- Skippy Peanut Butter is $2.29. Print this 50 cents/2 coupon to get your PB and J on for around $1.69 per jar. (Plus this product qualifies for the Black and Gold Bucks promotion in the Pittsburgh area).
- Ragu Pasta sauce is 2 for $3, plus get a free Giant Eagle pasta instantly when you buy two. Since GE now accepts competitor coupons, this 75 cents/2 Target coupon (will NOT double) will get you all of the above for $2.25. (Ragu sauce also counts towards B and G Bucks promotion).
- Philadelphia Creme Cheese Indulgence (in quite a few chocolaty varieties…mmm) is $2. This 75 cents/1 coupon (will double) gets you there for only 50 cents.
Giant Eagle is also having a 2 day meat sale, but if you live in the Pittsburgh area, head on over to Shop ‘n Save where the deals are a lot better. Bagged chicken breasts and ground chuck are WAY less expensive, and so is lunch meat and cheese. I generally don’t buy my meat and deli products from GE…I believe they are WAY overpriced, even when on sale. Shop ‘n Save, Aldi’s and Bottom Dollar have frequent great sales on meat that put GE to shame. Sorry Giant Eagle…I love ya, but not when it comes to my protein…usually.
Soooo…for $17 (plus 20 cents off my gas, and $7 back to spend on Steeler’s merchandise), I got…
- 6 boxes of Totino’s pizza rolls
- 5 bags of Bugles/Chex Mix
- 6 Knorr pasta/rice sides
- 2 jars of Ragu pasta sauce plus one box of GE brand pasta
- 2 jars of skippy peanut butter
- 1 tub of Philadelphia Indulgence spread
- 4 blocks of cheddar/monteray jack Helluva Good cheese (don’t forget…you can shred blocks of cheese, and you can freeze ’em, so stock up now!)
- 2 tubs of Helluva Good chip dip (buffalo wing and jalapeno cheddar…mmmm)
- Store brand butter
- 1 Starkist Tuna pouch (I had a 55 cents off coupon from a long time ago…)
Not too shabby…