This Thursday and Friday at select Shop ‘n Save stores around the Pittsburgh area, 3 lb. bags of chicken breasts are on sale for only $4…which works out to around $1.33/lb. Not a bad deal at all!! I recommend a stock-up, as these bags normally go for $5 each, even when they are on super-sale like this!!
But what to make with all of that chicken breast??
First, if you’re buying in bulk, you’ll want to wrap the breast tightly in 1 lb portions (or whatever portions make sense for your family when cooking a meal). Even in the bag, chicken can become freezer burnt when you are taking pieces of chicken out randomly to cook meals, and you may not be sealing the bag properly….better to wrap your portions in saran wrap and then aluminum foil…then add a sticker with a date on it, so you know when to toss chicken that has exceeded it’s expiration date.
Most of these recipes are pantry-friendly, meaning you don’t have to run to the store to buy five “what the heck is that?’ ingredients.
Anyway, some great recipes using chicken breasts from all over the web, including a site dedicated to the picky-palates of children (featuring…you guessed it…chicken breast recipes)!!
- Smothered Chicken Breasts (allrecipes.com) Love bacon?? Try this recipe…
- Candied Chicken Breasts (allrecipes.com) If you love that sweet, tangy, tropical flavor, this one’s for you…
- Chicken Parmigiana (foodnetwork.com) Bobby Flay’s famous recipe…you’ll find you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry/refrigerator!)
- Barbeque Chicken (foodnetwork.com) Straight from the Neely’s recipe repertoire…instructions for the grill, and for the grill-less…
- Mustard Chicken (epicurious.com) This recipe is for a whole chicken cut into sections, but this can easily be translated into several breast portions. Straight from Paris, France, this recipe simple to make, yet leaves a complex, satisfying taste on the palate. Impress your friends and neighbors!!
- Chicken with Crispy Panko Coating (southernfood.about.com) Fans of the South, rejoice! Mayonnaise, mustard, and fried chicken breasts are given an Asian twist with Panko bread crumbs. It’s finger-licking’ good!!
- Kid-Friendly Chicken Breast Recipes (Grandparent’s Cafe) FOR KIDS!! This page contains several “kid-tested, parent-approved” chicken breast recipes, if you have picky wee-ones!!