Howdy (bargain-seeking) friends and (coupon wielding) neighbors!!
Below, as usual, I’ve compiled a list of the best deals to be had at Giant Eagle this week: what they cost, where to find the coupons for them, and how best to work the Catalina deals!! No messing around and wasting your time with sub-par deals or coupon matchups! These are the deals that are actually worth strapping the kiddos in their car-seats and navigating a packed, chaotic grocery store for!
I cherry-pick the BEST deals from each store, and map out my plan of attack! After all, I’m on a quest to buy everything at prices from 50 years ago! By combining the sweetest deals from 3 or more stores, I’m able to get everything I need for MUCH cheaper than if I had limited myself to one store. If I can’t find a great sale/promotion/coupon deal for something I need at one of my regular stores (often for items like bread, butter, milk, sugar, and eggs), I find that Aldi’s has consistent prices that are shockingly lower than grocery store averages for staples you might need regularly. Hopefully there’s a location near you! You can check for locations on Aldi’s website, which also includes any weekly specials, a cool app for your cell phone that helps you create a shopping list, and more.
Deal Highlights This Week
- FREE Planter’s Peanut Butter
- Purina One Dry Cat Food for only $2 per 3.5 lb bag
- Ken’s Marinades (lovin’ the Teriyaki and Buffalo!) only 67 cents
- Velveeta Skillet Meals only $1
- International Delights Coffee Creamer is only 40 cents
- Dial Bar Soap 3-pack only 80 cents (If you live outside the Pittsburgh area, the price may be slightly higher)
Keep reading for the coupon matchups and all the necessary sales info…if you’re a Giant Eagle Veteran Shopper, feel free to skip the GE Beginner’s Basics in the next paragraphs…
Coupon Policies at Giant Eagle
Remember Giant Eagle doubles both clipped and internet coupons. For the super-specific, ultra nitty-gritty on GE’s coupon policy click here.
As is the case in many drug stores, your best bet at Giant Eagle is to work the Catalina coupon deals that print out on your receipt when you buy a certain dollar amount of purchases, or a certain number of specific items. Yes, this may require going through the checkout line 2 or more times amidst a frenzied mob of hurried shoppers and their unruly, screaming children (I recommend hitting up the 24 hour Giant Eagle and doing your shopping sometime between midnight and 5 am…makes for a MUCH more zen-like shopping experience), but when you find yourself saving 75% off your grocery bill it will be SO worth it!
Giant Eagle Advantage Card
And, if you don’t already have one, be sure to sign up for a Giant Eagle Advantage Card. This will get you discounts on gas, allow you to be eligible for many in-store sales and promotions, and help the Catalina machine generate coupons for you based on your shopping history and preferences.
Giant Eagle eOffers
NOTE: There is a lot of hype about Giant Eagle’s eOffers, a program that allows you to virtually “clip” coupons online and load them to onto your Advantage Card. The coupon discounts (which are not doubled) are automatically taken off any eligible purchases upon checkout after the checker swipes your card. These “virtual coupons” are usually identical to those offered in the latest newspaper coupon inserts. While many claim that these deals are (as of now) technically able to be “stacked” (combined on the same product, adding to greater savings) with traditional clipped or internet coupons, I have had ZERO success with this so far. The register will only allow me to use one or the other at checkout, not both. The only way I have been able to benefit from this is if I don’t have enough paper coupons to get a Catalina deal I’d like to take advantage of, or in the rare case Giant Eagle is offering a unique coupon I can’t find anywhere else. The eOffer coupon is only good on one product, and for one purchase. Still, worth a look! Many Readers HAVE reported regular success with the eCoupons, so it can’t hurt to load them onto your Advantage Card!!
And if you see this symbol…
60’s :)= Pricing is equal to or better than average grocery prices for this item or a comparable product during the 1960’s! Groovy!
Latest and Greatest Coupon Matchups!!
Planter’s Peanut Butter 2 for $3
- Use the 75 cents off 1 Planter’s Peanut Butter Coupon from the 8/21 SmartSource insert
- Score yourself some FREE peanut butter! (I’m doing a happy dance right now…It’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!) 60’s 🙂
Buy $15 worth of Purina One Dry Dog Food, Purina One Dry Cat Food, or Beyond Cat Food, and get $3 Catalina coupon good off your next order at checkout
- All 3.5 lb varieties are 2 for $10, or $5 each
- Buy 3 bags of Purina One Dry Cat Food ($15)
- Use 3 of the $2 off 1 Purina One Dry Cat Food/Beyond Cat Food from the 8/21 SmartSource
- You can print out a coupon for $2 off 1 Purina One Cat Food here if you need an extra or two.
- Pay $9 for 3 bags of cat food, and receive a $3 Catalina coupon good off your next order
- Essentially, you pay only $2 for each bag of premium cat food! MEOW!!
Velveeta Skillet Meals are 2/$4 (New product, I believe!)
- Use $1 off 1 Velveeta Cheesy Skillets coupon from the 8/21 SmartSource
- Get your cheese on for only $1!
Ken’s Marinades and Salad Dressings (selected varieties) are on sale for 3/$5
- Whip out your $1/1 Ken’s Marinade coupons from the 8/21 SmartSource
- Pay only 67 cents per bottle! 60’s 🙂
- Note: although it wasn’t in my insert, some regions also got $1/1 Ken’s Dressings coupon. Lucky Ducks!! So if you have both, you can get the salad dressing for 67 cents as well. I have $1/2 Dressings coupon, which makes the deal slightly less attractive at around $1.17 per bottle…
Eckrich Skinless Polska Kielbasa or Smoked Sausage is BOGO (1 lb packages)
- Although the price wasn’t advertised in the circular, these are usually around $4, so they would be $2 each when you buy two.
- Use 2 of the 55 cents/1 Eckrich Smoked Sausage coupon from the 6/26 SmartSource
- This sausage is SMOKIN’ at around 90 cents per package! pretty darn close to a 60’s 🙂 rating!
International Delight’s Coffee Creamer (in many delicious flavors!) 2/$3
- Print out this 55 cents/1 coupon and flavor your morning cup o’ joe for only 40 cents!! (You will have to register to use International Delight’s site, but it only takes a minute.) 60’s 🙂
Dial or Tone Beauty Bars (3 pack) are 2/$3
- Use the 35 cents/1 Dial Bar or Hand Soap coupon from the 8/7 RedPlum insert
- Get squeaky-clean this week for only 80 cents (or 26 cents per bar! 🙂 )
Pittsburgh-Area Grand Re-Opening Special Deals!
Note: Participating store locations include Irwin, White Oak, North Versailles, Penn Township, McKeesport and Hempfield
- Chuck Shoulder Roast is BOGO
- Sweet Corn is 10 ears for $2 (that’s only 20 cents an ear folks!)
- Giant Eagle Butter (1 lb) is on sale for $2.38 (salted and unsalted)
- General Mills Cereal is 5 for $10 (Honey Nut Cheerios or Reese’s Puffs)
- Selected Herbal Essence and Aussie Haircare products are on sale 4/$9, or $2.25 each…I know there are $1/1 Herbal Essence/Aussie coupons floating around here somewhere that should still be good…so find yours and get it for $1.25 per bottle! If anyone knows which insert these came from, kindly leave a note in the comment box so I can edit the post…Thanks Bunches!!
Did I miss any amazing deals?? Please leave a comment in the box below, or click the leave comment link and share with the class!!
And don’t forget to subscribe via email to get updates and special offers delivered right to your inbox for FREE!! (No spam, I promise! 🙂 )
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Shopping!!