Howdy (bargain-seeking) friends and (coupon wielding) neighbors!!
Below, as usual, I’ve compiled a list of the best deals to be had at Giant Eagle this week: what they cost, where to find the coupons for them, and how best to work the Catalina deals!!
Deal Highlights This Week
- Breyer’s Ice Cream for $1.50
- Resolve Pre-Treat Triggers and Stain Sticks $1.00
- Bounty Paper Towels 50 cents
- Roman Meal Bread 29 cents
- Axe Shower Gel 75 cents
- Duncan Hines Frosting 70 cents
- Bumble Bee Tuna Pouches 59 cents
- Boneless Sirloin Tip Roast is BOGO this week
- AND LOTS MORE!!!
Coupon Policies at Giant Eagle
Remember Giant Eagle doubles both clipped and internet coupons. For the super-specific nitty-gritty on GE’s coupon policy click here.
As is the case in many drug stores, your best bet at Giant Eagle is to work the Catalina coupon deals that print out on your receipt when you buy a certain dollar amount of purchases, or a certain number of specific items. Yes, this may require going through the checkout line 2 or more times amidst a frenzied mob of hurried shoppers and their unruly, screaming children (I recommend hitting up the 24 hour Giant Eagle and doing your shopping sometime between midnight and 5 am…makes for a MUCH more zen-like shopping experience), but when you find yourself saving 75% off your grocery bill it will be SO worth it!
Giant Eagle Advantage Card
And, if you don’t already have one, be sure to sign up for a Giant Eagle Advantage Card. This will get you discounts on gas, allow you to be eligible for many in-store sales and promotions, and help the Catalina machine generate coupons for you based on your shopping history and preferences.
Giant Eagle eOffers
NOTE: There is a lot of hype about Giant Eagle’s eOffers, a program that allows you to virtually “clip” coupons online and load them to onto your Advantage Card. The coupon discounts (which are not doubled) are automatically taken off any eligible purchases upon checkout after the checker swipes your card. These “virtual coupons” are usually identical to those offered in the latest newspaper coupon inserts. While many claim that these deals are (as of now) technically able to be “stacked” (combined on the same product, adding to greater savings) with traditional clipped or internet coupons, I have had ZERO success with this so far. The register will only allow me to use one or the other at checkout, not both. The only way I have been able to benefit from this is if I don’t have enough paper coupons to get a Catalina deal I’d like to take advantage of, or in the rare case Giant Eagle is offering a unique coupon I can’t find anywhere else. The eOffer coupon is only good on one product, and for one purchase. Still, worth a look! If anyone HAS had success using both an eOffer and a clipped coupon at the same time, please leave a comment and let me know the details!!
FF2’s Just-for-Fun Grading System
- A=Awesome price, Awesome deal, Ain’t gonna come around for a while again, so stock the %#&! up!!!
- B=Better than normal price, Buy a bit more than you need for the week, Back in 3 weeks pricing!
- C=Customary Sale, Cookie-Cutter Deal, Cool it, this price will be back next week or the week after at one of your local stores!!
- D or F (if I bother to post it)=Don’t bother to buy it!!! ( unless you enjoy nonsensically throwing your money away, then, by all means, buy ten!)
Without further ado…
Axe Products, buy $10 worth, get a $3 Catalina coupon for your next order
- Best deal idea: Axe shower gels and deodorants are 2 for $6 (shelf price is $3.98)
- Buy 4, and use 2 BOGO coupons from the 7/31 RedPlum insert
- Pay $6 at the register for 4 deodorants/shower gels
- Receive a $3 Catalina coupon
- Essentially pay $3 for 6 Axe products, or only 75 cents each!! A
- I would buy the Axe products first, check out with them, get my Catalina, and then go back into the store and do the rest of my shopping so I can apply the $3 discount to the rest of my groceries. Or save it for next week. Whatever floats your boat!!
Butterball Sausage or Turkey Franks on sale for 2 for $5 (or $2.50 each)
- Use the 65 cents off 1 Butterball Turkey Franks or Sausage Coupon from the 6/26 Smartsource insert to score your weenies for $1.20 each B-
Resolve Pre-Treat Triggers or Stain Sticks on sale 2 for $4 (or $2 each)
- Use the 50 cents off 1 coupon from either the 7/17 or 8/14 SmartSource insert and get cleanin’ for only $1 per bottle/stick! B
Breyer’s Ice Cream on sale 3 for $10, plus get a fourth free when you buy three
- So…the cost would be 4 for $10 when you buy four ($2.50 each)
- Use one of the $1.50 off two Breyer’s Blast Printable coupons
- Pay $6 for 4 tubs of ice cream, or $1.50 each! B
Bounty Paper Towels (single roll) or Napkins on sale for 99 cents
- Use the 25 cents off 1 coupon from the 7/31 P&G coupon insert
- Get paper towels to clean up all those spilled drinks on Friday night get-togethers for only 50 cents B+
Super Pretzel (assorted varieties) on sale for 4 for $9 ($2.25 each)
- If it’s included in the sale, use the new 5o cents off 1 Super Pretzel PretzelDogs Product in the new Redplum (8/7?)
- Get these yummy pretzel-wrapped mini hotdogs for only $1.25 a box!!
- If these aren’t included in the deal, and you still have a hankerin’ for Super Pretzels, you’re stuck paying $2.25!! B (if the deal works)
Schwebel’s Roman Meal Bread $1.79 per loaf
- Use the 75 cents off 1 Roman Meal Bread printable coupon (under zip 53022)
- Have your friends print you out some extras (it did let me print 2 coupons on my computer), and stock up on bread for only 29 cents!! (just toss it in the freezer!) An A+ deal!
Duncan Hines Cake mix, Brownie mix, and Frosting is 4 for $5 ($1.25 each)
- Buy 5 (at least one must be a frosting) and use 1 75 cents off 1 frosting+1 cake mix coupon (I know I have it, just can’t find it or remember which insert!! Well, you can print one here anyway, and use 1 Buy 2, Get 1 Free Duncan Hines from the 6/5 SmartSource insert
- Pay $3.50 for 5, or 70 cents each (try to make this deal better by purchasing the most expensive mixes/frostings the sale price allows) C+ to B, depending
Pittsburgh Area Deals
Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna Pouches on sale for 59 cents!! WOO HOO!! Pair this with all the cheap tuna helper you bought last week, or whip up some Tuna Croquettes, or a good, old-fashioned Tuna Noodle Casserole!! A
Broccoli is BOGO this week! B
Bone-In Pork Loin Country Style Ribs only $1.29/lb! Make this deal EVEN SWEETER by printing out this $2 off 2 lbs or more of any fresh or frozen ribs!! HURRY COUPON EXPIRES 8/12!! A
St. Ives Bodywash is BOGO!! ($1.99 each)
- Look in your 7/10 SmartSource insert for a coupon…depending where you live, you will have either a 50 cents or 75 cents off 1 coupon (Pittsburgh peeps, we have the 50 cents off 1)
- Use 2 of these coupons to get each bodywash for 99 cents each when you buy two, or 50 cents when you buy 2 for the lucky folks with the higher value coupon!! B
Did I miss any amazing deals?? Please leave a comment in the box below, or click the leave comment link and share with the class!!
And don’t forget to subscribe via email to get updates and special offers delivered right to your inbox for FREE!! (No spam, I promise! 🙂 )
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Shopping!!