Howdy, my bargain-seeking, coupon-brandishing amigos!!!
My thrift-hunting heart is disappointed with Shop ‘n Save this week!! There are a few good deals on loss leaders I plan to take advantage of, but, alas, not many good coupon opportunities! Kinda feel like whacking the backside of the building with a rolled up news paper and yelling “Bad Store!!”. Granted, since all Shop ‘n Save stores are independently owned, the store/manager specials can be unadvertised, and vary from store to store, so expect an update from me when I finally manage to get my butt to Shop ‘n Save in the next day or so! As always, if you find any great deals/coupons that I’ve missed, please leave a comment and share the knowledge with the rest of us!
Remember, coupon policies at Shop ‘n Save vary from store to store, and there is usually a basic (abridged version) that is laminated and posted at the customer service desk, and/or at the registers. Shop ‘n Save DOES double clipped coupons, but does NOT double interntet coupons. If your store has a different policy on internet coupons, please let me know! (I may waste the extra gas to drive to your store! 🙂 )
Anyway, a few good loss-leaders I’m going to take advantage of this week:
- Bar S Chip Chopped Ham (from the deli) is on sale for only $1.99/lb, which is almost a 50% savings over the normal price. Mike will be soooo thrilled to not have bologna in his lunch next week!!! He’ll be doing a happy dance!! I plan to buy a few pounds and freeze them, as this is probably one of the lowest prices for deli ham you’ll see for quite some time!
- Amish all natural split chicken breasts are on sale for BOGO (these have no antibiotics, steroids or hormones, which makes ME do a happy dance!!) Basically you will be paying $1.60/lb for these, which is a great stock-up price for chicken breasts. (They also have the legs/thighs on sale for 99 cents/lb)
- If you’re splurging, or planning on busting out the grill for a special cookout dinner (if so, please extend an invite my way…I make a killer pineapple kielbasa appetizer!) New York Strip steaks are only $5.99/lb (over $4 less than usual) Definitely less expensive than buying two NY Strips at your fave restaurant for $17 a piece!!
- Produce deal of the week? Nectarines, Peaches, and Red or Black Plums are only 99 cents/lb
Coupon Matchup Deals:
Wise Potato Chips (7.75-10 oz, selected varieties) BOGO (or $1.98 per bag)
- Click here for a printable coupon for 50 cents off 1 bag
- Get 1 bag for $1.48, or 2 bags (with two coupons) for $2.98
General Mills Cereals are 5/$10, or $2 per box
- Use the $1 off 2 coupon for Honey Nut Cheerios or Reece’s Puffs that is available in the 7/17, 7/10, and 6/19 SmartSource coupon insert
- Pay $3 for two boxes, or $1.50 each
Land ‘o Frost Lunch-meat (selected 6 oz varieties) are on sale 2/$5
- Use the 55 cents off 1 package coupon in either the 7/24 or the 5/15 RedPlum insert (coupon will double to $1.10 off)
- Pay $1.40 per package
Barilla Pasta on sale 4/$5
- Use the 55 cents off 1 Barilla Piccolini pasta in the 6/26 SmartSource (if it’s included in the sale price at your local store)
- Pay only 15 cents per box!
Irish Spring Bar Soap (12 oz package) on sale 2/$4 (or $2 a piece)
- Use the 50 cents off 1 coupon in the 7/24 SmartSource coupon insert (coupon will double to $1 off)
- Pay only$1 per package of soap (I’m guessing this is the 4-bar pack)
Skippy Peanut Butter (has been priced for weeks at $2.50 per jar at my store)
- Use the 75 cents off one jar coupon (will double to $1.50 off) from the 7/24 RedPlum coupon insert
- Pay only $1 per jar!! (dream come true for me, I loooove peanut butter! If you hold onto this coupon for a bit though, I bet a better deal will come along. I, however, must jump the gun on this one. I want my $1 Skippy NOW!!!
That’s about it as far as I can see for all the best deals for now. I will keep you updated if I find any new sales/coupons that can make your Shop ‘n Save experience a bit better this week!! Please let me know if you find any great deals as well.
The good news…Giant Eagle has some GREAT deals this week, which I should have posted by tomorrow…especially if you live in the Pittsburgh area!! Many of the stores there are having a Grand Re-Opening Extravaganza that includes a few fantastic sales, free samples through the store, live radio broadcasts, entertainment and more!! This is running Thursday through Saturday. If you live outside the Pittsburgh area, fear not…there are still many awesome deals to be had! Check back tomorrow for a full list of steals and deals for Giant Eagle!!
Please leave a comment below if you have any deal/coupon info that will help out your fellow bargain-hunters reading my blog!!
And don’t forget to subscribe to this blog for FREE!! You’ll receive e-mail updates of all new posts, and be in the running to randomly win a box ‘o stockpilin’ goodies from yours truly (if you subscribe by the end of the month!!)